Friday, January 8, 2010

Playing Santa

Rhea's love affair with Christmas continues. She has taken to "playing Santa" which is a delightful game which entails filling up bags with presents, placing them in the corner of the room where our Christmas tree used to be and watching with unabashed enthusiasm as you "open" your presents.


This game can go on and on and on she really never tires of it. Here are the spoils of a recent Santa adventure...

So sweet. Somehow my favorite part is the fact that she places them in the corner where our tree used to stand..somehow the mid century stereo cabinet works just fine in place of a glittering Christmas tree. The beauty of imagination.

In Stashu related news we are semi-mobile! That's right this little guy has taken to steam rolling around the living room to get to his intended destination. Hilarious. I wish I had video of this in action. I keep trying but he already has enough of an awareness that the little black thing in my hand is doing something different so he probably should stop and stare instead of move around. Instead I will share this picture of him pre-roll and lounging (if the definition of lounging meant high pitched happy screaming and arm flailing) on a blanket with Dawson.


I love his "little boy" hair style with the bangs brushed off to the side. The heart stretches further and grows more...yet again.

2 comments:

grammy said...

ahhh... another enthusiastic devotee of Christmas and all its joys... passed along from mother to daughter to grandchild.

I'm happy!

Hai-Nhu said...

Hey, great job on blogging again!! I've been meaning to comment... and am inspired to start again myself. Really I am! Now I just need to do it! I love the posts.. reminds me of how I used to obsessively check your blog, and then my own (for some reason!) multiple times a day. Good times...